Friday, January 28, 2011

Fun Times at the Hospital

I promised to start posting more, so here is a little story about our misadventures in the emergency room a couple of weeks ago. As some of you know I get really sick every month when it comes to my "woman troubles". I've been to several doctors and all of them say the same thing: there really isn't anything they can do for me. Despite my disillusionment with the medical profession, we took yet another trip to the ER this month to get my usual "treatment". Actually, we went twice this month. The first trip was at about 6:00 that night. We drove to the hospital in Salem only to wait around for two and a half hours before getting bored and going home. We decided that if I was going to sit around, I should do it on the couch with my heating pad.

Here are some of the lovely accessories they gave me at the Salem hospital

I thought I was starting to feel better, but at about 2:00 in the morning it got WAY worse. This time we went to the Silverton hospital, which is a lot smaller but I've always had better service there (it's sad that I have a preference, but you start noticing these things after you've been doing this for ten years). They got me in right away and hooked me up to an IV. After a few hours they sent me home as usual, but I was pumped full of all kinds of good stuff so I was okay with that.

The breakfast of champions

I spent the next few days on the couch, and eventually I was able to keep real food down (thanks to the anti-nausea pills they prescribed me). I was back to normal after about four days. Josh was very sweet and took care of me the whole time I was sick. I don't know what I would do without him!

3 comments:

gwen said...

How awful! I hope someday soon you find a doctor who can figure this out!

Heather said...

ugh! That's crazy to have to go to the ER so often! I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope it gets better somehow.

Debbie said...

Being a woman isn't always what it's cracked up to be. Glad you are feeling a little better.