Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Scary Wii Accident.

Ok, So I saw this article online and I had a couple thoughts on the matter


It has been confirmed that a three year old girl in Tennessee, US has been killed – following an incident where she mistook a Nintendo Wii ‘gun’ peripheral for an actual gun, fatally wounding herself in the abdomen.

According to AllAboutTheGames, the accident happened on Sunday night, where it was revealed that the girl’s Stepfather left a real gun on the living room table, who was apparently asleep when it happened.


First, scary!

Second, who leaves a gun on the table while sleeping with a three year old kid around? Especially a loaded hand gun? I mean, Come on!

Third, this isn’t Nintendo’s fault at all because the gun peripheral they have doesn’t actually look like a gun. Some third party made a gun-like wii-gun.

Fourth, this just goes back to my original argument that the parents need to teach their kids that video games aren’t real. My previous example of this was that the parents of two kids (ages 12 and 14 or something around there) who shot at cars on the highway with a .22 rifle and wounded several people shouldn’t have sued Rockstar Games for making Grand Theft Auto III and they shouldn’t have sued Walmart for selling the game because it was rated M so the parents must have bought it for their kids because Walmart doesn’t sell rated M games to kids under 17.

Fifth, sad, very sad.


For the full article go here http://www.product-reviews.net/2010/03/09/nintendo-wii-three-year-old-kills-herself-by-mistaking-gun-for-wii-peripheral/

1 comment:

Heather said...

Can I just point out the irony that Dad always kept his guns in MY closet when I was a kid. I don't believe they were loaded, but I guess I was never curious enough to check. I think at times the bullets/shells were in the closet too. Just thought I'd throw in that tidbit :).