Thursday, December 11, 2008

How the Grinches Stole Christmas

Our kitties are adorable. We know they are also pests, but we didn't know they were Grinches! We were really excited to set up our first Christmas tree, but apparently Bert and Ernie didn't like that idea. At first they were cute and took a nap together under the tree.
Then they decided to play in the tree.
And then completely destroy it.
And then burn my festive holiday oven mitt.Actually, that last one was me forgetting to turn the stove off. But we decided to punish them anyway. We put them away in the kitty drawer for a while to think about what they did.
They both crawled in there when I was doing dishes so I couldn't help myself. I closed the drawer and took a picture. You can kind of see Ernie's head poking out of the crack. They are quite a handful, but they're pretty cute. They're currently snuggling next to me as I type this. I think they feel bad for destroying Christmas.

3 comments:

Heather said...

That's hilarious!! Gabby just bats ornament off the tree. We learned not to put any breakable ones on the lower branches. Can't wait to meet Bert and Ernie. I hear they are coming for Christmas.

Chris said...

Too funny!! I thought kids were bad. Elsa and Gibson have managed to stay away from the tree for the most part. Gibson has discovered the presents though and has almost unwrapped a few.

Debbie said...

I have never heard of a kitty drawer :) Sort of like a kitty timeout! Hope the weather cooperates with your drive home on Friday.
Love mom