Monday, September 1, 2008

New jobs, new opportunities

I figure since I'm now a blogger I should take the ball and run with it. By now you all know that I have a new job. I'm not exactly sure what my new title will be but I'm assuming it will be Manager, Human Resources and Safety. Jacob, my predecessor, is leaving at the end of this week. He has taken a job in Silverton, OR at a meat packing plant. It's called BrucePac. They are paying him a lot more money than he was making here at ********* ****** *****. With his new baby he figured he should take the job. I was offered his job a couple days after he gave his two weeks notice. I talked about it with Brianne for a couple days and finally decided to take the job. I'm going to be incharge of seasonal labor, working closely with managers to make sure the farm and food processing plant are well staffed. I'll also be in charge of safety working with SAIF on workers comp claims, and with OR-OSHA to ensure occupational safety at ********* ****** *****, *** (I was asked not to put the name of the company in this).
This does mean that I'm working full time and I'm no longer a student. But that will change. I'm looking into getting an online degree from the University of Phoenix in Business Management. I'm hoping to start classes by January. This means a lot of new changes for Brianne and I. I'll be making more money for one, and we'll be insured for another. We figure this is a great opportunity for me/us and such opportunities don't always come around a second time.
Since accepting the job I joined the social network of http://www.linkedin.com/ which is a social network for business professionals. I figure I should starting making contact with people I know so that I have chances to move higher up. The sooner I start the better off I am. So if anyone is already on linkedin.com they should look me up and add me as a contact.
Sorry everyone, I don't have any pictures of work I can post with this. I hope to bring my camera to work someday and take pictures of the plant and our fields so all of you can see the where I work.


~Joshua

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I love your title and picture. I'm glad that you guys had fun with the cousins. Have fun in your new job. It sounds like they really like you there. Take Care mom