Sunday, May 31, 2009

My Personal Chef!



When Brianne and I met she couldn't even make Macaroni and Cheese from a box. With some help and encouragement from me she started making desserts and basic dishes for dinner. Today she is quite the chef. She has learned to love cooking. She likes to watch the Food Network. She has recently become fascinated with a new show called Cook Yourself Thin. She got the cookbook and has begun making dishes from it. The basic idea of the show/cookbook is to substitute certain ingredients to significantly lower the amount of calories without sacrificing the taste.

Here are some pictures of Brianne's wonderful Garlic Herb Butter Salmon and Mashed Potatoes served with a side of Spinach Salad.
This is the salmon she grilled.


This is only part of the mess she made.

And this is the finished gourmet dinner.

And all of this at about 500 calories.

~Josh

5 comments:

kc and k said...

Wow, I'm impressed. I still can barely make mac n' cheese from a box. I guess practice is the key. Too bad you guys don't live close since I need a personal chef.

garrynkim said...

Good for her. I guess you learn to cook, or starve! Impressively arranged on the plate too!

Heather said...

Can i come to your house for dinner? I love the Food Network too. PBS has some cool cooking shows too on Saturdays.... Add that to The Office and 30 Rock and you have my entire TV repetoire. :)

Chris said...

Looks delicious! I'll have to check out that show online and some of the recipes. Are they quick and easy? That's what I need nowadays.

Debbie said...

Hope you had a great birthday too!! How did the rolls turn out? The food looks fabulous.

Love mom