Sunday, May 3, 2009

HELP!!!!

At 8:47 this morning I was under attack. The FBI came storming into my apartment. After a bit of a scuffle involving some gunfire and a few punches to the face, I was on my knees with Brianne next to me. They were looking for a package that I didn't know anything about; but they seemed to think I had everything to do with it. I had no way out of this situation and if I didn't do something soon we would be dead.

Then I realized something. I had something heavy in my pocket. I knew that if I could shift my weight and lean against it I could call someone. I wouldn't be able to talk, but they would be able to hear what was going on and get help.

I was in luck. I managed to lean against my phone and call the one person who would know what to do. My mom. She heard someone talking about the FBI and someone yelling "where's the package" and "shut up." She immediately knew I was in trouble and was able to get me help right away.

Brianne and I were saved by mom. We owe our lives to her.

Actually, that is what my mom thinks happened. Here is the real story.

I was getting ready for church. Brianne takes a lot longer to get ready than I do. I was done and sitting on the couch waiting for her. I turned on the tv and was watching part of Live Free or Die Hard. At some point I must have butt dialed mom.

The best part about this is that she came to the conclusion that I was in trouble. She tried calling me back and I didn't answer. My phone was on silent because I was about to go to church. When I step out of the car I felt my phone vibrate. I had just missed a third call. One from mom, one from dad, and one from Jordan.

My first thought was that someone had died or something bad like that. I listened to my messages and realized that I had butt dialed mom and now she was worried because I wasn't answering.

I called her up and found out that she could hear the movie. Brianne and I laughed because mom's first thought was that we were in danger.


~Josh

P.S. Thanks mom, we love you.

6 comments:

Heather said...

I'm dying with laughter! You have butt dialed me a couple times too, btw. I think I tried to call back the first time just to make sure nothing weird was happening, but I've since let it be. Too funny!!!

Uncle Jonah said...

Mom woke me up to see if I knew your land line phone number, or if I had Brianne's number. I didn't have either. I could have slept a few more minutes if mom wasn't so worried about you.

Debbie said...

Some day someone will be very happy that I am a proactive person and they will thank me for really saving their lives. BTW I have been watching too many criminal shows lately. 24, Criminal Minds and Bones. Maybe that also explains my very concerned frame of mind.
Love m

gwen said...

Don't appologize, Debbie--almost any mother would have done the same thing! Get the phone out of the back pocket, or teach it not to dial unless told to do so! Mothers always save the day (or at least try to!)

Chris said...

Is butt dialing someone better that Gibson or Elsa calling someone unbeknownst to their parents? Jordan should answer that.

Uncle Jonah said...

Yep, Elsa has called me a couple of times. I don't think she likes to talk to me though.